Monday, May 09, 2011

Selling our dining table set

This is was our dining table set.

We actually bought this set from our landlord 1 year ago when we moved in, because it was already there. The landlord said it was not used before (table lah), it was in a box, so we trusted him. I think it was new lah. Anyway, he sold the table to us at $150, 5 chairs at $200. Now I think back, is very expensive (on the chairs, the chairs was not that new, got scratches). No wonder we call him sikappang.

We are moving soon, and we have to get rid of it because our "new" home comes with an antique dining table set that the new landlord refused to move away, he says, "it is antique leh... u don't want?" When we said we really don't want because we have a set already, he implies he won't move it because it was too heavy to move... I find that ALL landlord is sikappang in this world... #$%!.

And so, We have to sell this set.

And don't know why, my ah be always got the $$ sense wrong. He don't know why go and tell the new landlord we bought this whole set for $50!!!!! He sot plug already!!!!! The new landlord quickly found a buyer for us, said he jacked up the price to $100 for us. I was like "What? $100?!!!" Then the landlord (we called him old uncle) said, "your hubby said u bought with just $50, $100 no good deal??" I nearly fainted! I told old uncle there is no way I am selling this for less than $200. He said he will bet me I can't sell it for $200. I said, let me try first. That was Friday 7pm.

So, quickly finished dinner, I quickly clean the table, and arrange it nicely and took photographs and go online to post it to sell, that was 9pm. I sell it for $250. I figured out since I bought it with $350, $250 is a fair price to get rid of it. The table and chairs are very new still. As usual, we use things with care and our used stuffs are normally in great condition.

5 min I posted it up, got a chinese woman called me want to view. I said sure. She said let's set it 11am next day, but she will call to confirm. Then there are few emails communicating about its availability. I see people very accurate one. I knew the chinese woman is not serious, so I clicked on the next email to schedule for them to come have a look, also 11am next day. They were a philippino couples who just moved to this part of the world. We  met them next day, they are very nice people. And, the deal is sealed. They transfer money to me, and arranged for pick up today.

Even last night, I still kept on receiving enquiries about this set via email. I guess I must have priced it too low :( what do you think? But we are glad we got rid of it... one less thing to worry about loh.

We feel quite sad to have our "last" meal on this table last night... I am always full of emotion, even a cheap pen like kilometrico if I used it, and I lost it, I will feel very sad. So imagine saying good bye to this table and chairs...



p/s:we actually saw this exact table over the weekend at some other store. It was on sale, and it was selling at $399, just the table alone! And even that, I think our table looks more leng chai than the one at store, don't know why? haha..

4 comments:

mun said...

Looks like the couple who bought the dining set from you got a very good deal.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I think so too. Should have priced it at $300! hahaha...

Andy Gregory said...

In fact, it dose not come true all the time. Now, let's have a journey to Firmoo to see whether all the high class polarized glasses are at high prices or not.

Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up. I certainly appreciate this website.
Continue the good work!

Also visit my homepage; home inspection in manhattan